The ScyllaDB team announces ScyllaDB Open Source 5.0.5, a bugfix release of the ScyllaDB 5.0 stable branch. ScyllaDB Open Source 5.0.5, like all past and future 5.x.y releases, is backward compatible and supports rolling upgrades.
Note that the latest stable branch of ScyllaDB is 5.1, and you are encouraged to upgrade.
- ScyllaDB Open Source 5.0
- Get ScyllaDB Open Source - AWS AMI, GCP Docker, binary packages and unified installer
- ScyllaDB Web Installer for Linux (all releases)
- Upgrade from ScyllaDB Open Source 5.x.y to Scylla Open Source 5.x.z
- Upgrade from ScyllaDB Open Source 4.6.x to 5.0.y
- Please let us know if you encounter any problems.
Issues fixed in this release:
- Stability: Flat mutation reader functions such as upgrade_to_v2 are not exception safe and can cause crashes #9065
- API: Attempt to update the live-updatable option in
system.configwith wrong value produces the error
bad_lexical_castin the log #10394. Config in Scylla is represented as a virtual table, and can be updated (for a subset of parameters) using CQL.
- Stability: a concurrent DROP TABLE while streaming data to another node is now tolerated. Previously, streaming would fail, requiring a restart of the node add or decommission operation. #10395
- API: Failure to apply a failed batchlog is silent #10636
- Stability: Nodetool SCRUB failing when running on keyspaces with mv, indexes and auto snapshot enabled #10760
- Alternator: don’t allow LSI and GSI to use the same name #10789
- Stability: Accidentally quadratic behavior when a large number of range tombstones is present in a partition has been fixed. #11211
- Alternator: DescribeTable calls should include ProvisionedThroughput #11222
- Stability: sstables crawling reader can emit duplicated partition end. This issue affects scylla’s scrub compaction (in all modes) as well as the validate operation of the scylla-sstable tool. #11421
- 2 Nodes failed after bloom_filter_fp_chance was modified to an unreasonable low number #11524