The ScyllaDB team announces ScyllaDB Enterprise 2021.1.18, a bug-fix production-ready ScyllaDB Enterprise patch release for ScyllaDB Enterprise 2021.1.
ScyllaDB Enterprise 2022.1 LTS is the latest Long-Term Support release, and 2022.2 is the newest feature release. You are encouraged to upgrade in coordination with the ScyllaDB support team.
- Get ScyllaDB Enterprise 2021.1.18 (customers only, or 30-day evaluation)
- Upgrade from 2020.1.x to 2021.1.y
- Upgrade from ScyllaDB Open Source 4.3 to Scylla Enterprise 2021.1
- Submit a ticket
The following issues are fixed in this release (with an open source reference):
- CQL: Different token calculation functions for “empty” partition keys cause sstable reader to misuse index #9352
- CQL: Multi-column restrictions deemed invalid with a secondary index #7680
create table t (p int, c1 int, c2 int, primary key(p, c1, c2));
create index i1 on t(c1);
insert into t(p, c1, c2) values (1, 11, 21);
insert into t(p, c1, c2) values (2, 12, 22);
select c1 from t where (c1,c2)=(11,21) allow filtering;
- CQL: scylla: types: is_tuple(): doesn’t handle reverse types. For example, a schema with reversed clustering key component; this component will be incorrectly represented in the schema CQL dump: the UDT will lose the frozen attribute. When attempting to recreate this schema based on the dump, it will fail as the only frozen UDTs are allowed in primary key components.#12576
- CQL: in Scylla, returning incomplete results when using paging #12361. The issue manifests only in specific circumstances: when a page starts with a dead row. This page (and consequently the query) will be wrongfully terminated immediately. In 5.1 this has to be a row covered by the partition tombstone.
- Monitoring: Fix sstable metric currently_open_for_writing, which returned wrong values #9455
- UX: demote an error to warning when view builder cannot read view building progress #7527
- Alternator Streaming API: unexpected ARN values by list streams paged responses. This issue may only affect users with many, more than 100, tables with streams #12601
- Stability: A crash where a map subscript was NULL in certain CQL expressions was fixed. Fixes #10361 #10399
- Stability: Nodes SegFaulted in short succession after restore. The root cause was that the Workload Prioritization scheduling group was not robust enough.
- Stability: a crash or hang when performing a query that uses a local secondary index and contains the restriction:
indexed_column = null.
- Stability: LWT insert crash if clustering key is null #11954
- Stability: Abort on startup when passing --client-encryption-options enabled=true #7211
- Stability: Cached reads may temporarily miss rows under rare conditions #12451
- Stability: crash in Materialized View update row locking, caused by a race condition #12632
- Stability: Crash when reporting error on invalid CQL query involving field selection from a user-defined type #12739