The ScyllaDB team announces ScyllaDB Open Source 5.2.1, a bugfix release of the ScyllaDB 5.2 stable branch. ScyllaDB Open Source 5.2.1, like all past and future 5.x.y releases, is backward compatible and supports rolling upgrades.
Users are encouraged to upgrade to 5.2.1.
- ScyllaDB Open Source 5.2
- Get ScyllaDB Open Source - AWS AMI, GCP Docker, binary packages and unified installer
- ScyllaDB Web Installer for Linux (all releases)
- Upgrade from ScyllaDB Open Source 5.x.y to Scylla Open Source 5.x.z
- Upgrade from ScyllaDB Open Source 5.1.x to 5.2.y
- Please let us know if you encounter an issue.
Issue fixed in this release:
- Stability: db/view: update view generator doesn’t close staging sstable reader on exceptions #13413
- Stability: direct_failure_detector::ping_with_timeout() causes exceptions to be thrown every 100ms times the number of live nodes, which spam the logs, and might slow it down #13278
- Stability: on_internal_error doesn’t log an error when not aborting #13786
- Stability: Replication of default auth settings may fail #2852
- Stability: Fix removing replace node as pending #13379
- Stability: bad_alloc (seastar - Failed to allocate 536870912 bytes) #13491. Root cause is a logic fault causing the reader to attempt to read all the data, consuming all memory. Can occur during sstableloader/nodetool refresh, repair or range scan.
- Packaging: RPM package dependencies issue. When installing a specific version with yum/dnf, scylla-python3 version will not match the specified version, but the latest one. #13222
- Packaging: scylla-gdb breaks with gdb 13.1-1.fc37 #13125. Does not affect release version of Scylla
- CQL: Aggregate functions do not work on counter columns. #12939. Note tha UDA and UDF are experimental in 5.1.x
- Docs: information that BYPASS CACHE is not Enterprise-only feature #13106
- Docs: remove out of date info on the CDC page #12964
- Docs: remove unsupported sequential repair mode from docs. #12132