Say Hello, How are you using ScyllaDB?

Hi Scylladb community

I’m Charan working as a Database reliability engineer. Currently I’m learning and implementing scylla on my environments. Happy to connect here.

1 Like

Hi, My name is Aleksey, I am a DBA and started leaning ScyllaDB

1 Like

I am here because we are looking for replacement for AWS Dynamodb, ScyllaDB seems to be good choice after some research (apart from cassandra).

What I don’t understand is, ScyllaDb team claims that it can used as drop-in replacement for dynamodb, But I found it bit misleading as Data Modeling in Dynamodb (Single table design) seems to be very different from multiple keyspaces of ScyllaDb.

We would like to run hybrid mode initially (just to test things out), running dynamodb or scylladb based on some evironmnet variables.

Can Anyone please explain how it can be used by just changing url and configuration while connecting to db, I don’t find a way to just plug-and-play database this way.

P.S: we are using Single table design as it is preffered and recommended in DynamoDB.

1 Like

Hey, My name is Chirag, I am an undergraduate student. Looking forward to learning ScyllaDB and interacting with the community.

1 Like

Hello, I am Ramesh, working as a senior engineer R&D at Mavenir Systems.
Learning ScyllaDB as i have a upcoming project where we would be using it.

Haven’t explored DB flavours much up till now, hoping to learn something new here!

1 Like

Hello ,my name is aman ,working as a trainee engineer learning scyllaDB for upcoming project

1 Like

Hello Everyone. My name is Michal and I’m from Poland. I’m software developer learning new technology.

1 Like

Hey everyone!
I’m Renugopal, can call me - Rego. I’m a full-stack engineer with 5y exp. Currently pursuing a master’s in CS at the University of North Texas. Mostly used Postgresql in production, have also used Mongo, Scylla, Cassandra, MySQL, etc. I love working with databases, started out as a developer who was scared of writing SQL queries, but now I’m pretty confident writing complex SQL queries.
Would love to learn more from the ScyllaDB team!
I’m also looking out for a summer internship in 2024 in software, database, and machine learning domains. Please reach out to me if there are any internship opportunities opening up.

renugopal.sp@gmail.com

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, I am Herman Morales from Guatemala, and I am trying to develop a SaaS tracking platform with Elixir I am doing POC with scyllaDB

1 Like