Help with scylla-monitoring and Helm deployment

Hey everyone, I have a question.

So I have a deployment that includes ScyllaDB, that I do using helmfile (this is the helmfile). I already have Prometheus and Grafana in the deployment, because I’m using the kube-prometheus-stack helm chart. I was trying to add monitoring to ScyllaDB (from here), because IIUC ScyllaDB already logs some Prometheus metrics and if I enable the monitoring I can have access to the metrics and dashboards. Is that correct?

Based on that assumption, I added this:

serviceMonitor: create: true

To my scylla.values.yaml, hoping that that would do it, but when I try deploying locally with kind I get this error:

Upgrading release=scylla, chart=scylla/scylla Release "scylla" does not exist. Installing it now.

UPDATED RELEASES:
NAME CHART VERSION DURATION
cert-manager jetstack/cert-manager v1.13.3 24s
scylla-operator scylla/scylla-operator v1.11.1 24s
scylla-manager scylla/scylla-manager v1.11.1 2m4s

FAILED RELEASES:
NAME CHART VERSION DURATION
scylla scylla/scylla 1s

in ./helmfile.yaml: failed processing release scylla: command "/opt/homebrew/bin/helm" exited with non-zero status:

PATH:
/opt/homebrew/bin/helm

ARGS:
0: helm (4 bytes)
1: --kube-context (14 bytes)
2: kind-17381 (10 bytes)
3: upgrade (7 bytes)
4: --install (9 bytes)
5: scylla (6 bytes)
6: scylla/scylla (13 bytes)
7: --wait (6 bytes)
8: --timeout (9 bytes)
9: 900s (4 bytes)
10: --create-namespace (18 bytes)
11: --kube-context (14 bytes)
12: kind-17381 (10 bytes)
13: --namespace (11 bytes)
14: scylla (6 bytes)
15: --values (8 bytes)
16: /var/folders/gc/_n7v6nt9291_c_71zn24526c0000gn/T/helmfile4176172766/scylla-scylla-values-c74fc5797 (98 bytes)
17: --reset-values (14 bytes)
18: --history-max (13 bytes)
19: 10 (2 bytes)

ERROR:
exit status 1

EXIT STATUS

STDERR:
Error: unable to build kubernetes objects from release manifest: resource mapping not found for name: "scylla-service-monitor" namespace: "scylla" from "": no matches for kind "ServiceMonitor" in version "monitoring.coreos.com/v1" ensure CRDs are installed first

Which makes me think that I need to create the ServiceMonitor, or does that just mean that it’s failing to create the ServiceMonitor for some reason?

TL;DR my question is, given the current state of my deployment, how do I make my existing Prometheus deployment scrape the ScyllaDB metrics? And also, how can I get access to the dashboards that scylla-monitoring provides based on said metrics?

I also tried posting on the ScyllaDB slack but got no answer.
Thank you so much for any help!

Hello, have you tried to check: Monitoring | ScyllaDB Docs.

I am not sure if reusing the same monitoring stack for scylla and some other project is easy to achieve. Typically we deploy it as a standalone thing, optinally with metric export (to another prometheus).